Comments from Mikeyisirish

Mikeyisirish commented about Chehalis Theater on Feb 16, 2014 at 6:29 am

Are there any plans to reopen? And do you mean a digital video projector?

Mikeyisirish commented about Varsity Theatre on Jan 12, 2014 at 12:45 pm

A few January 2014 photos can be seen here, here and here.

Mikeyisirish commented about Vacaville Theatre on Jan 9, 2014 at 12:40 pm

That’s awesome! I can’t wait to be able to photograph this one!

Mikeyisirish commented about Fortuna Theater on Nov 24, 2013 at 12:23 pm

A July 4, 2010 photo can be seen here.

Mikeyisirish commented about Crest Theatre on Nov 24, 2013 at 12:08 pm

A few 2011 photos can be seen here and here, with a November 2013 photo here.

Mikeyisirish commented about Esquire IMAX Theatre on Nov 24, 2013 at 12:06 pm

A few November 2013 photos can be seen here and here, and a 2011 photo is here.

Mikeyisirish commented about Columbia Theatre on Oct 31, 2013 at 9:26 pm

An October 2010 photo can be seen here. October 2013 Photos can be seen here, here and here.

Mikeyisirish commented about Joy Cinema & Pub on Oct 31, 2013 at 9:22 pm

An October 2013 photo can be seen here.

Mikeyisirish commented about Canby Cinema 8 on Oct 31, 2013 at 9:09 pm

A few October 2013 photos can be seen here.

Mikeyisirish commented about Kelso Theater Pub on Oct 31, 2013 at 9:08 pm

A few October 2013 photos can be seen here and here.

Mikeyisirish commented about Rogue Theatre on Oct 31, 2013 at 8:55 pm

A few October 2013 photos can be seen here and here.

Mikeyisirish commented about Gem Theatre on Oct 31, 2013 at 11:31 am

Not yet, but it’s certainly on my to-do list.

Mikeyisirish commented about Broadway Theatre on Aug 15, 2013 at 6:35 pm

Yep. The Arlene Snitzer Concert hall is left. A large building with a theater replaced the Broadway (also called the Broadway with a unique sign), but it seems to have gone out of business. And where the fox was is a new building with a Regal Theater in it, called the Fox Tower.

Mikeyisirish commented about OK Theatre on Aug 13, 2013 at 5:45 pm

Well then I guess I look forward to shooting what’s left…

Mikeyisirish commented about OK Theatre on Aug 13, 2013 at 11:47 am

Awesome! I look forward to photographing your theater when I’m in the area!

Mikeyisirish commented about Gilchrist Theater on Jul 17, 2013 at 2:45 pm

Still?

Mikeyisirish
Mikeyisirish commented about Raven Performing Arts Center on Jul 9, 2013 at 6:59 pm

When I visited this theater last year, the neon bird want entirely functional, so I didn’t bother to shoot it. Anyone know if it’s been fixed?

Mikeyisirish commented about California Theatre on Jun 26, 2013 at 9:17 am

Does the marquee light up at night? Is there a current website?

Mikeyisirish commented about Fall River Theatre on Jun 24, 2013 at 6:46 pm

Awesome! That theater is still on my “to shoot” list.

Mikeyisirish commented about Golden Gate Theatre on May 31, 2013 at 11:52 am

Hey HDTV – Do any of the neon lights outside work? Does it light up at all? I’ve been looking to photograph this one for a while, but don’t know it’s worth the two hour drive!

Mikeyisirish commented about Kuhn Cinema on Apr 16, 2013 at 10:33 am

You should get in contact with: http://www.saveamericascinemas.org

Mikeyisirish commented about Roxy Theater on Mar 15, 2013 at 11:27 am

Yes indeed! The next time I go to Spokane I have every intention of making a visit! Yours is a theater I have not photographed or seen a movie at yet!

Mikeyisirish commented about El Rey Theatre on Feb 7, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Facade, not cascade…stupid iPhone autocorrect…

Mikeyisirish commented about El Rey Theatre on Feb 7, 2013 at 1:19 pm

If you restored the old marquee and the cascade, that would certainly add the authenticity of the experience. I’d go there!

Mikeyisirish commented about El Capitan Theatre on Feb 5, 2013 at 5:22 pm

At least they didn’t COMPLETELY destroy it. I’d rather see it become a drive through parking lot with the facade in tact than see it demolished and becoming a Walmart or something…