Comments from MovieMad52

MovieMad52 commented about McCook Theater on Jul 29, 2015 at 8:42 pm

Levin Services took over operation in 1974 and they programmed the theatre with second run discount. The theatre was operating first run all of 1972 playing such movies as CABARET, FILLMORE and THE OTHER. I worked for most of 1972 there as projectionist.

MovieMad52 commented about Loew's Theatre on May 5, 2015 at 10:26 pm

In over 46 years, starting here in the theatre business, it is the only theatre I have found the projection booth off the mezzanine shooting the picture from the front of the balcony,

MovieMad52 commented about Dayton Mall Cinemas on Apr 29, 2015 at 4:37 pm

Nope. It was Chakeres. Century opened Page Manor as its only venture in Dayton which they operated shortly handing the to Holiday Amusements in Cincinnati.

MovieMad52
MovieMad52 commented about Chakeres Theatres Kettering Cinemas I & II on Jan 11, 2015 at 10:30 pm

This and the Northwest Plaza were both built and opened by National General Theates.

MovieMad52 commented about Beach Theatre on Dec 30, 2014 at 9:19 pm

I am interested…what do you have in mind?

MovieMad52 commented about Kingsgate Cinemas on Nov 28, 2014 at 2:07 pm

This theatre is closed.

MovieMad52 commented about Cinema Centre 1 & 2 on Nov 5, 2014 at 10:30 pm

This theatre was a retro fit form retail space. The floors remained flat and the ceiling was not lifted. I was not impressed with the completed project.

MovieMad52 commented about McCook Theater on Nov 3, 2014 at 10:38 pm

Herman Hunt was the exhibitor who ran Hunts McCook and Hunts Cinestage in Columbus, Ohio.

MovieMad52 commented about Hunt's Cinestage Theatre on Nov 3, 2014 at 10:35 pm

Herman Hunt was the exhibitor who ran the Cinestage and McCook.

MovieMad52 commented about Beach Theatre on Sep 29, 2014 at 8:46 pm

I would love to reopen this theatre with the family if interested. Shame that this theatre is closed.

MovieMad52 commented about Main Street 5 Theatres on Sep 17, 2014 at 1:16 pm

This theatre should be listed as demolished.

MovieMad52 commented about Eastwood Cinema on Aug 17, 2014 at 11:00 am

It has been 34 years since I took over as manager. I really enjoyed working there.

MovieMad52 commented about Jolly Roger Drive-In on Aug 16, 2014 at 10:06 pm

To clarify….Jolly Roger Drive In was in Cincinnati. the Capital Kidd, which had a lot of local resistance to opening was in Dayton. Both owned by Levin Services.

MovieMad52
MovieMad52 commented about Regal Sheffield Square Cinema 10 on Aug 16, 2014 at 9:55 pm

The theatre was built by Regal Cinemas during its original start up period.

MovieMad52 commented about Cinemark Movies 18 & XD on Aug 16, 2014 at 9:44 pm

This was the theatre in 1996-98 that I found my greatest success as a promoter and manager in my career. I regret now ever leaving this location as I was transferred to Jacksonville, FL to open a new Tinseltown.

MovieMad52 commented about Todd Art Theatre on Aug 16, 2014 at 9:05 pm

It was known as the Todd Burlesque Theatre in the 70’s and famous strippers that performed there were Tempest Storm, Morganna and Busty Russell.

MovieMad52 commented about McCook Theater on Aug 16, 2014 at 8:44 pm

This was one of the finest RoadShow theatres in the area. It was a victim of the times when those theatres failed and died as single screen location. It did not deserve to finish its years as and adult store.

MovieMad52 commented about Esquire Cinema on Aug 16, 2014 at 8:23 pm

I regret to this day that I left the Esquire in 1974 for a job in Cincinnati that was definitely the wrong move. As manager, I enjoyed running this theatre. Met my wife there.

MovieMad52 commented about Tri-City 8 on Aug 12, 2014 at 1:45 pm

Please change the status to ‘demolished’.

MovieMad52 commented about 20th Century Theatre on Jul 27, 2014 at 10:23 pm

It was operated by Levin Services during the 1974 union strike against all of the Levin Theatre in Cincinnati except for one of the drive ins.

MovieMad52 commented about Speedway Cinema 1 & 2 on Jun 10, 2014 at 8:21 pm

I was working at Glendale 1 & 2 when I was sent over to except deliveries prior to opening. I was there when the doors were opened to the public and construction workers were still laying carpet on the upstairs restroom areas. One of the opening movies was JEREMIAH JOHNSON.

MovieMad52 commented about Art Theatre on Jun 10, 2014 at 8:13 pm

I went there in 1977 and it was still showing movies.

MovieMad52 commented about Tri-City 8 on Jun 10, 2014 at 5:07 pm

Judging from on site view, it is fenced off and appears to being prepared for demolition.

MovieMad52 commented about Clay Theatre closes on Jun 9, 2014 at 12:19 pm

Knowing the background of the situation,I fear this is the end of the theatre (digital not helping the situation). I wonder if the the city will do anything to help save the theatre, but not expecting it.

MovieMad52 commented about Clay Theatre on Jun 8, 2014 at 4:31 pm

Clay Theatre, once again was closed on June 1st. I suspect this might be the end.