Comments from ODEONesque

ODEONesque
ODEONesque commented about The Granada East Ham Wurlitzer on Mar 28, 2015 at 5:55 am

I am listening to this organ as I write in the capable hands of George Welling and I have to say that this is one of the brightest, attacking of these Granada Wurlitzers that I have heard. So glad to see that it is still with us and not far from me too!

ODEONesque commented about Classic Hythe on Feb 27, 2015 at 7:48 am

The facade was arranged so that a possible cafe could be built behind it but alas this never materialised. I have a photo somewhere of this cinema when closed and will upload when I locate it.

ODEONesque
ODEONesque commented about Odeon Cinema Corby For Sale on Jan 28, 2015 at 1:06 pm

At least it hasn`t been “butchered” inside which is a small mercy. All we need now is a kind hearted eccentric millionaire – ya know one?

ODEONesque commented about ABC Wythenshawe on Oct 7, 2013 at 12:09 pm

I have just remembered, the cinema in question was the Forum and whilst I can`t say for definite that this was the one used in the film I do know that the console design of the organ was the same. Can anyone enlarge on this?

ODEONesque commented about New arrival. on Jul 27, 2013 at 11:22 am

I sold one of these on Ebay recently, is this it? lol

ODEONesque commented about Cannon Hull on Jul 27, 2013 at 11:11 am

Sorry but what became of the Conacher organ? None too many of them about even in the heyday.

ODEONesque commented about Cannon Eastbourne on Jul 27, 2013 at 10:58 am

The interior is a pleasant surprise when one considers how unexciting the exterior is, I like it.

ODEONesque commented about Ritz/ABC Bradford 1960 on Jul 26, 2013 at 6:50 am

Ahh, Ritz cinema, C & A shop, both things of the past now, not just here but anywhere.

ODEONesque commented about Bruce Cinema on Jul 26, 2013 at 5:29 am

I live in Tipton and there is nothing like any of this photo around now and what is here is dying on its feet.

ODEONesque commented about Broadway Theatre on Jul 26, 2013 at 5:27 am

I was about to say how refreshing this report was when I clapped eyes on the last comment – back in the balance again….

ODEONesque commented about Birks Cinema on Jul 26, 2013 at 5:13 am

Back on its feet again, that makes a nice change to read on here.

ODEONesque commented about Bioscope on Jul 26, 2013 at 5:09 am

Follow this link to see what stands on the site today http://www.flickr.com/photos/78860621@N02/9354950307/

ODEONesque commented about Avion Super Cinema on Jul 26, 2013 at 4:57 am

Oh gawd! Back to brick box.

ODEONesque commented about Avion Super Cinema on Jul 26, 2013 at 2:21 am

Latest rumour from a Brownhills blog site is that the AVIONs facade area (all thats left) has now reopened as a Wetherspoons and the auditorium site has become the aforementioned car park. I`m going there with my camera soon and will post the results. I used to be ODEON_NUT by the way but forgot me details lol

ODEONesque commented about the avence today on Jul 26, 2013 at 2:15 am

Indeed Chris, and meantime all that ugly plastic is hiding a rather nice brick frontage, crazy.

ODEONesque commented about Atlas Cinema on Jul 26, 2013 at 2:07 am

It resembles the Danilo at Longbridge which is still with us albeit as a fitness centre.

ODEONesque
ODEONesque commented about Astra Entertainment Centre on Jul 26, 2013 at 1:32 am

Two minds with a single thought you could say…

ODEONesque commented about Astoria Cinema on Jul 25, 2013 at 2:00 pm

Follow this link for the start of my 4 surviving photos. http://www.flickr.com/photos/78860621@N02/9368601036/in/photostream/

ODEONesque commented about Odeon Cinema Colwyn Bay on Jul 25, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Not quite a George Coles but superb anyway and now lost.

ODEONesque
ODEONesque commented about Astra Entertainment Centre on Jul 25, 2013 at 1:12 pm

I know I sound like my needle`s stuck but this really is a tragic loss. The ODEON here was a thing of great beauty to me and hardly to be found on just any street corner.

ODEONesque commented about Astoria Theatre on Jul 25, 2013 at 1:00 pm

From what Ive read on urbex sites this cinema has been totally trashed inside and thats all on the side of the “big hammer merchants” with the smell of banknotes in their nostrils. Shame.

ODEONesque commented about Astoria Cinema on Jul 25, 2013 at 12:14 pm

I visited here with the CTA, must dig my pix out and post them.

ODEONesque commented about Apollo Theatre on Jul 25, 2013 at 10:44 am

Why don`t your links work Ken?

ODEONesque commented about Apollo Picture Playhouse on Jul 25, 2013 at 10:41 am

OMG I drive a coach up and down here some days but I`d never know it!

ODEONesque commented about Apollo Cinema on Jul 25, 2013 at 10:29 am

Follow this to get the first of 7 photos taken recently, then just scroll through them. http://www.flickr.com/photos/78860621@N02/9049196448/ I walked all round the building and captured just about everything from the outside.