Comments from Paul Fortini

Paul Fortini
Paul Fortini commented about AMC Loews Gardens Cinemas at Old Orchard 7-13 on Sep 24, 2016 at 1:29 pm

I’m surprised this place closed. It appeared to be doing well.

Paul Fortini
Paul Fortini commented about Classic Cinemas Cinema 7 Theatre on Sep 24, 2016 at 1:27 pm

It’s now in the Classic Cinemas chain. If CC could turn around the North Riverside theater, then this place will do well.

Paul Fortini commented about Niles Square Cinema on Jul 20, 2016 at 3:03 pm

I remember seeing “Time Bandits” here.

Paul Fortini commented about Copernicus Center on Jul 20, 2016 at 2:54 pm

This place still does concert. Earlier this year I say Tributosauras Plays Queen and it was a good show. The theater appeared to be in great shape.

Paul Fortini commented about Foxfield Theater on Jul 20, 2016 at 2:48 pm

Sad to hear that it’s been demolished.

Paul Fortini commented about Whitehall Theater on Jul 20, 2016 at 2:23 pm

THe only time I was here was when I saw “Silence of the Lambs”.

Paul Fortini commented about Lincoln Village 1-6 on Sep 26, 2015 at 12:42 pm

Interesting plan to convert this former movie house into a storage facility. It looks like the building’s basic shape will be retained. As I’ve said before, this was a theater that should have done well.

Paul Fortini
Paul Fortini commented about AMC Loews Chicago Ridge 6 on Aug 19, 2015 at 8:35 pm

From the photos, wow, the C-O logo lasted until at least 2009 (based upon “17 Again’s” release date! Is that logo stil there?

Paul Fortini
Paul Fortini commented about Yes, they are still using the Cineplex Odeon sign. on Aug 19, 2015 at 8:33 pm

Wow, the C-O logo lasted until at least 2009 (based upon “17 Again’s” release date! Is that logo stil there?

Paul Fortini commented about Harlem Corners Theaters on Aug 19, 2015 at 7:35 pm

Has anything happened with this site? A freind of mine once lived in Bridgeview and he said the theater always seemed to do good business.

Paul Fortini commented about Rialto Theatre on Jul 1, 2015 at 9:00 pm

Sam,

I don’t have any. The photos I’ve seen are from books & magazines.

Paul Fortini commented about Dunes Plaza Cinema 1-6 on May 4, 2015 at 9:03 pm

The strip mall that this cinema is/was in has just undergone some serious renovations.

Paul Fortini
Paul Fortini commented about 05/21/76-06/17/76 photo courtesy of Allan Zirlin. on May 4, 2015 at 8:49 pm

I just noticed that both the Woods and the United Artists were showing Jack Nicholson films.

Paul Fortini commented about Hiland Theatre on Apr 27, 2015 at 10:58 pm

If you look at the structure to the right of the theater in the above photo, you’ll see that it was Highland Applicances.

I believe that was the forerunner to the old Highland Superstores appliance chain.

Paul Fortini commented about McClurg Court Cinemas on Mar 23, 2015 at 3:05 pm

It’s interesting that in his post of Sep. 7, 2009 Cinemark Fan said, “I assume that the screens at 600 North Michigan might be gone by this time (I may be wrong though) And if that’s the case, the seating capacity at the River East alone won’t be enough to handle the volume of people who go see movies.”

Fortunately that hasn’t happened as AMC just completed some renovatios to the 600 North.

Paul Fortini commented about Carnegie Theatre on Feb 9, 2015 at 8:02 pm

‘…also the Carnegie Theatre had exclusive Chicago premiere runs of “Young Frankenstein” and “Silent Movie”.’

And as I vaguely recall, “Monty Pyhton & The Holy Grail” made its Chicago debut here.

Paul Fortini commented about Lincoln Village 1-6 on Feb 9, 2015 at 7:55 pm

The above states that the LV was previously operated by Brotman & Sherman Theaters. I thought Cineplex-Odeon built and originally operated this theatre.

Paul Fortini commented about Lincoln Village 7-9 on Feb 9, 2015 at 7:48 pm

I like the artists' rendition shown here.

I’d love to see photogaphs of this place.

Paul Fortini commented about Galleria Cinemas on Oct 16, 2014 at 6:35 pm

Nine years—that’s a very short lifespan for a theater.

Paul Fortini commented about Digiplex Lansing 8 on Oct 1, 2014 at 2:31 pm

According to this theater’s website, effective September 26, 2014, it is now a Carmike Cinema.

Paul Fortini commented about Retro Dome on Jul 18, 2014 at 4:27 pm

I saw some of the photos of this place.

It reminds me a little of the now-demolished Civic Arena in Pittsburgh.

Paul Fortini
Paul Fortini commented about AMC Loews 600 North Michigan 9 on Jul 18, 2014 at 4:10 pm

Also the Eddie Bauer store that occupied the first 2 or 3 floors of the building has closed. Shame too because I really enjoyed shopping there.

Paul Fortini
Paul Fortini commented about AMC Loews 600 North Michigan 9 on Jul 18, 2014 at 4:08 pm

Are they doing renovations to this theater? I noticed recently, they’ve been only showing 3 or 4 movies. And the movie times are not staggered as if they’re playing om 2 or 3 screens.

Paul Fortini commented about AMC Loews Norridge 10 on Apr 22, 2014 at 11:27 pm

Mikeoakandpark

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eddie-chicago-railfan/13983537793/ in all its sadness.