Comments from wally 75

wally 75 commented about Westbury Drive-In on May 12, 2015 at 10:22 pm

RE: Ed Solero 11/25/14 Never mind the start times…with 2 ½ shows a night, in the summer could end at sunrise…When I was MGR. of Cinema Bayshore next to the Bayshore Drive-in [I was covering it for someone vacation] as the sun was on the rise Barbra was singing “On a clear day you can see forever”…made me smile as I was hanging speakers back..

wally 75 commented about Sayville Theater on Apr 1, 2015 at 8:04 pm

CBDEBILL…I’m her son, I also worked for UA. Thanks for asking. The last place she managed was Northport be for she retired..

wally 75 commented about Lindenhurst Theatre on Mar 29, 2015 at 3:19 pm

Forgot how to ad pix.

wally 75 commented about Playhouse on Mar 25, 2015 at 9:18 pm

Thanks.

wally 75 commented about Playhouse on Mar 25, 2015 at 10:37 am

Thanks keep us posted….PS my psge jumped and this I may have UN subscribed hope I didn’t. thanks

wally 75 commented about Westbury Drive-In on Nov 26, 2014 at 9:04 am

Miss that place.

wally 75 commented about Playhouse on Aug 22, 2014 at 10:14 am

Thanks

wally 75 commented about Playhouse on Jul 18, 2014 at 10:53 am

If you go to google earth it will show the theatre…the apts were always there..when you go to a street view the entrance and marque was below the first apt. The lobby was under the apt.’s..the theatre it self is still as it was stores replace lobby…I ran The Playhouse for a few years under UA…the only other thing changed, was an alley that was on Middleneck Rd that theatre patrons could exit now it’s a store..

wally 75 commented about Rivoli Theatre on Dec 28, 2013 at 11:27 pm

Coate..you are right, I was GM there at that time, one it had a World Premiere on the 18th or 19th…Back then there was what they called “A RED CARPET” run..then a few weeks later opened wide.

wally 75 commented about Criterion Theatre on Dec 27, 2013 at 8:47 pm

Rivoli has JAWS summer of 75' strating in June I think the Criterian had Mohogany at the same time…

wally 75 commented about Glen Cove Theatres on Nov 6, 2013 at 9:19 pm

Theater may open January 2014…. See Newsday 11/4/13

wally 75 commented about Lindenhurst Theatre on Aug 20, 2013 at 10:35 pm

Anyone have contacts Town of Babylon or Village of Lindenhurst?

wally 75 commented about Islip Cinemas on May 30, 2013 at 10:59 pm

Work is on going..my mom would be proud…good job.

wally 75 commented about Lindenhurst Theatre on May 20, 2013 at 9:37 pm

Thought the town didn’t want them….

wally 75 commented about Rivoli Theatre on Mar 17, 2013 at 5:41 pm

Just put Great Waldo Pepper Marque photo and partial Program with guest list.

wally 75 commented about Hudson Theatre on Mar 16, 2013 at 7:47 pm

I love photos like that…thanks

wally 75 commented about Rivoli Theatre on Mar 5, 2013 at 11:04 pm

I love the JAWS marque…I was MGR. during that time..My question is where did that photo come from and props to you…

wally 75 commented about Islip Cinemas on Feb 5, 2013 at 8:20 pm

wally 75 commented about Paramount Theatre on Jan 13, 2013 at 11:06 pm

Yes, I remember it..the walls looked like the inside of a poloroid [spell check if needed] camera..

wally 75 commented about Century Aurora on Jul 24, 2012 at 10:50 pm

Did you hear there is a guy who was in the theatre that night and wants to sue the theatre…He wasn’t even hurt. How do we know if he was even there…and in NY we thought our only problem was our nanny Mayor wants us to stop selling 32oz soda.. I do think Moviebuff82 is right…

wally 75 commented about Playhouse on Jul 21, 2012 at 6:51 pm

Nice job…except for gate and flower urn, that what it looked like through the 70’s…I had new carpet put down from the box office area to all three floors and made over all the walls giving it the 1923 vibe..

wally 75 commented about Rivoli Theatre on Jul 14, 2012 at 5:34 pm

AMEN!

wally 75 commented about Paramount Theatre on Jul 14, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Soupy Sales was last to do rock show there..

wally 75 commented about Ziegfeld Theatre on Jul 8, 2012 at 10:44 pm

Sorry should read {seemed ok not of }

wally 75 commented about Ziegfeld Theatre on Jul 8, 2012 at 10:40 pm

Clearview aka Cablevision and throw in the mix Newsday, wants to sell Clearview…any takers? Clearview and Cable seemed of combo til' they bought Newsday..Lets hope the new owners take the OPT free movie night cards..