Comments from wally 75

wally 75 commented about Babylon Cinemas on Aug 3, 2017 at 10:05 pm

PS: IF YOU GO TO PHOTO PAGE 4 YOU CAN SEE THE BUILDING TO THE RIGHT.. NOT SURE WHEN IT BECAME A PARKING LOT..I KNOW THE IT WAS STILL THERE IN THE 70’S.

wally 75 commented about Babylon Cinemas on Aug 3, 2017 at 9:48 pm

It was easy to put Babylon back together again it was built in the shell of the same exact spot…I don’t know if you can still see it… if you go to the south east corner of DPA and Main look up you can see where two kinds of brick along crack..the only major work was the roof where steel fell. there was no “adjacent land”..That parking lot next store was an apartments and stores that were there before the theatre.

wally 75 commented about Babylon Cinemas on Jul 7, 2017 at 9:45 pm

WE WERE FIRST IN NEW YORK CITY AND L.A. UA. TO OPEN JAWS 1975..IT OPENED WIDE 2 WEEKS LATER..@ ALL RED CARPET THEATRES.WALDO CAME FALL 1975..

wally 75 commented about Babylon Cinemas on Jul 6, 2017 at 9:24 pm

I MAY HAVE SENT IT TO ONE OF YOUR BLOGS AND OR E MAIL MAY HAVE POSTED IT WRONG..GREAT WALDO PEPPER RIVOLI AND PHOTOS I SENT YOU ARE NOT ON CT. MISTER WGLI IS THE E MAIL THAT CT HAS ON FILE..

wally 75 commented about Babylon Cinemas on Jun 29, 2017 at 8:14 pm

PAUL

wally 75 commented about Babylon Cinemas on Jun 28, 2017 at 9:16 pm

Paul: In mid 60’s saw SOUND OF MUSIC AT RIVOLI N.Y. in D-150..said some day I will manage this..in 1975 I did.

wally 75 commented about Babylon Cinemas on Jun 28, 2017 at 8:38 pm

PAUL: Painted seats, restrooms,exit doors in and out..Never manager of Babylon..would like to be part of the revamp..

wally 75 commented about Babylon Cinemas on Jun 27, 2017 at 5:54 pm

no paul

wally 75 commented about Babylon Cinemas on Jun 26, 2017 at 9:02 pm

Paul: The flyers were printed in the basement of Babylon in a little room few feet from furnace…They were printed for all theatre’s..Then was moved To the Gables Theatre in Merrick..

wally 75 commented about Babylon Cinemas on Jun 26, 2017 at 9:02 pm

wally 75 commented about Babylon Cinemas on Jun 21, 2017 at 9:57 pm

paul baar: I turned 19 in 1966..You mentioned a few guys that worked there in an early post..I know a few of the names..

wally 75 commented about Babylon Cinemas on Jun 19, 2017 at 9:04 pm

Paul: Prudential had red jackets black PANTS WITH STRIPE’S DOWN THE SIDE… AND BOW TIE….UA SAME BUT WITH MAROON JACKETS..

wally 75 commented about Babylon Cinemas on Jun 13, 2017 at 7:07 pm

Johnny was a drive in icon…aka “JOHNNY ALL WEATHER” IN- DOOR/OUT-DOOR THEATRE’S …When they started same movie played in side and out side…

wally 75 commented about Babylon Cinemas on May 28, 2017 at 7:00 pm

Show must go on soon..Thanks

wally 75 commented about Babylon Cinemas on May 10, 2017 at 5:15 pm

Yes, I knew them…in the mid 60’s I worked as an usher and over night I would paint exit doors, seats, and rest rooms…WALDMANS WAS MY TWO TIMES A DAY SPOT..

wally 75 commented about Babylon Cinemas on Apr 8, 2017 at 5:33 pm

Thanks keep us posted.

wally 75 commented about Playhouse on Feb 4, 2017 at 7:54 pm

THANKS

wally 75 commented about Playhouse on Jul 28, 2016 at 1:01 pm

GOOD…

wally 75 commented about Babylon Cinemas on Jul 17, 2016 at 2:20 pm

I post this story on face book with a link to this page..waybackwally/walters

wally 75 commented about Babylon Cinemas on Jul 13, 2016 at 2:19 pm

BABYLON BOUGHT BY MARK AND DYLAN PERLMAN…SEE NEWSDAY JULY 11TH PAGE 11.

wally 75 commented about Rivoli Theatre on Dec 22, 2015 at 12:22 am

PS: To the left my picture with Redford and George roy Hill…The Great Waldo Pepper.

wally 75 commented about Rivoli Theatre on Dec 22, 2015 at 12:20 am

I was in high school when I saw the Sound Of music Myron, and you ar right it was at the Rivoli NYC. I remember saying to myself how I would like to manage it some day….1975 I did.

wally 75
wally 75 commented about RIVOLI Theatre; New York, New York. on Nov 23, 2015 at 7:48 pm

Of all the theatres on NY why ever did they take this one down?

wally 75 commented about Westbury Drive-In on May 13, 2015 at 1:22 am

RE: Ed Solero 11/25/14 Never mind the start times…with 2 ½ shows a night, in the summer could end at sunrise…When I was MGR. of Cinema Bayshore next to the Bayshore Drive-in [I was covering it for someone vacation] as the sun was on the rise Barbra was singing “On a clear day you can see forever”…made me smile as I was hanging speakers back..

wally 75 commented about Sayville Theater on Apr 1, 2015 at 11:04 pm

CBDEBILL…I’m her son, I also worked for UA. Thanks for asking. The last place she managed was Northport be for she retired..