The Ozone c.1939.
The duct provides air to tenant’s shops from the central machine room which was attached to the rear of the theatre but was a quite separate building. This luxury was rare in the pre World War 2 era. The windows lit the Dress Circle foyer, whence stairs led to the balcony. Under Wallis ownership, the windows were covered externally and a refreshments bar was built in front of them, facing the audience as they descended to the foyer for the interval or after the film session. This alteration can be seen in some of the later photographs in this section. Note the large window of the spacious projection suite – another rarity!
No one has favorited this photo yet