“New” Crystal Theater on opening day, Sept. 25, 1913, opening with “A Sister to Carmen”. Unlike the previous Crystal which was built for live presentations and converted for photoplays, the Crystal was designed for the film medium. It had 600 seats and a Japanese love story desgined motif. It stood with the Queen, Hippodrome and Washington as downtown’s best moving picture houses. It had a 15-year lease and ended as a silent picture house with specially equipped $10,000 Wurlitzer pipe organ. But the motion picture industry and the size of theaters had passed the Crystal by at the end of its lease — as it had the previous incarnation of the Crystal.
No one has favorited this photo yet