Gene Autry Enterprises opened the Beckley Theater on September 25, 1946 with “The Bride Wore Boots.” The underachieving theater was leased by owner L.L. Dunbar who leased the Kessler, Cliff Queen, and Hill Theater. The theater passed from Autry to Isley Circuit to Robb & Rowley Circuit before finally being closed. It’s possible that as many people attended church at the Beckley than films so it was no surprise that the theater became a church. It remained a house of worship into the 2010s.
No one has favorited this photo yet