This is a 1920 view of the Empire (as a theatre) on Church Street, directly opposite the Parish Church of St John & St George The Martyr. The main entrance was directly opposite the church tower, to the left of the two shop awnings out over the pavement. The scale of the, set back, auditorium reflects the large seating capacity. There looks to have been ancillary (theatre)entrances down Tithebarn Street to the right.
No one has favorited this photo yet