El Rey Theatre
San Francisco, CA
1931 - The El Rey Theater - 1970 Ocean Avenue - Designed by Timothy Pfleuger, who is best known for the Castro Theater, Oakland Paramount, and the 450 Sutter Medical Building. The first film to play at the El Rey was “The Smiling Lieutenant”, with Maurice Chevalier. The theater opened in 1931 and closed in 1977. It last stood as a church. The tower was altered over the years, but could be restored.
Photos and description courtesy of Lost San Francisco facebook.com/LostSanFrancisco
No one has favorited this photo yet