Claude Caver moved to Dallas in 1928 to launch the Trinity Theater in the Trinity Heights annex within Dallas’ Oak Cliff. In October of 1934, H.C. Houston purchased the theater from Caver and and made significant interior improvements. Then in this picture from 1940, Houston put in a new façade, new marquee, and ticket box. The white stucco front with red centerstrip and ornamental blue diamond shaped tiles was retained for decades. The King Scenic Company did the remodeling. Sorry for the quality of the shot.
No one has favorited this photo yet