711 Franklin Street,
39 people favorited this theater
More Photos of This Theater
CinemaScope comes to Tampa Theatre! This photo was taken following the installation of the wide CinemaScope screen about 1955. This screen remained until theatre closed as a commercial movie house in 1976. A nice-size screen but unfortunately it completely hid the proscenium from view as well as a good deal of the theatre’s beauty. And of course most stage productions were rendered impossible. The black maskings on either side of screen opened fully to each end expanding to 35 feet for widescreen film presentations.
No one has favorited this photo yet