Ridge Pike Drive-In
1004 Ridge Pike,
1 person favorited this theater
Opened September 1, 1948. This was a very large drive-in. It had a great entrance. Facing the front from Ridge Pike two very long marquees on the right and left held up by pillars that were lite with ground level flood lights. Between the exit and the entrance was a large structure (a wall with flood lights) from the road it looked like the back of the screen tower, but it housed the the office, work shop, storage. The entrance sat back from the road to stack cars and had a four lanes and two box offices. The field was higher than the entrance and exit drives so head lights would not hit the screen.
It had electric in-car heaters and operated seven days a week year round. It was another Budco Theatre. It was sold out crowds on Saturday nights. The State took some of the land to build the Blue Route and the rest was sold and a office complex seats on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater