Starlite Drive-In

Highway 18,
Shawnee, OK 74801

Unfavorite No one has favorited this theater yet

Showing 3 comments

jwmovies
jwmovies on December 9, 2012 at 4:47 pm

Approx. address for this drive-in was 2705 North Harrison Street.

The northern half is now Cinema Centre 8.

The southern half is now Blockbuster.

raybradley
raybradley on June 25, 2009 at 3:47 pm

Oklahoma Historical Society has a vintage view of the Starlie Drive-In. To see picture type in word “Starlite”,
View link

RonnyJones
RonnyJones on June 12, 2005 at 1:28 pm

The Starlite Drive-In was built by Griffith Theatres in 1947. Griffith Theatres became Video Independent Theatres in the early 1950’s. In 1954 Jones Theatres, Inc. partnered with Video in the ownership of the Starlite. In 1980 the Starlite became a triplex with the indoor Cinema Centre Twin sharing a common lobby, concessions area and a new projection booth. The drive-in sported a giant 90-foot CinemaScope screen as well as a full cafeteria style concession. In 1987 the drive-in closed and the property was used to expand the indoor twin to an eight screen complex. The Cinema Centre 8 is still operating today. For a photo of the Starlite, see the history page of the Jones Theatres website at www.jonestheatres.com