88 South Courtland Street,
1 person favorited this theater
Originally opened as the Academy of Music on July 8, 1884. It began screening movies as the turn of the century. It was renamed Grand Theatre by 1908, with a seating capacity of 800. By 1929 the seating capacity was listed as 660. The Grand Theatre was restored and opened sometime in the late-1990’s as the Pocono Cinema. It reopened as a single screen art house with a coffee house and art gallery in the lobby. Their success enabled them to add two smaller theatres in the back. The cinema shows art house fare as well as mainstream movies that do not play at the nearby Stroud Mall.
It closed briefly in November 2007, re-opening as the Grand Cinema. In early 2008, it was renamed Pocono Cinema again, but this was short lived as it closed at the beginning of May 2008.
New owners have since taken over and it has reopened.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater