Caldwell Cinema IV
317 Bloomfield Avenue,
2 people favorited this theater
Previous Names: Caldwell Theatre, Caldwell Cinema IV
News About This Theater
- Mar 29, 2014 — Improvements at the Caldwell
Originally opened as the Caldwell Theatre in 1913, and was closed in the 1950’s. It was converted into a bowling alley, and later served as offices and a factory.
Clearview Cinemas reopened the theatre as a four-plex in the late-1990’s. In June 2013, Bow-Tie Cinemas took over when they purchased Clearview. The theatre celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2013. In late-August 2018, the theatre suffered from the devastating flood that hit most of Caldwell. Water poured in the theatre and basically destroyed everything inside. Bow-Tie decided to remodel the theatre with luxury electric recliners, new curtains, drapes, carpet and an all new box office and concession stand. It reopened on December 21st, 2018 after renovations were completed.
It was closed on March 16, 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic. It was announced in September 2020 that the closure would be permanent.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.