Gaumont Ayr

131 High Street,
Ayr, KA7 1QR

Unfavorite No one has favorited this theater yet

Showing 1 comment

Ken Roe
Ken Roe on May 30, 2005 at 3:02 am

The Picture House opened on 13th October 1921. In May 1928 it was taken over by Denman/Gaumont Theatres and in December 1928 the cinema was enlarged to 1,800 seats(original seating capacity is not known).

It was re-named Gaumont from 1st May 1950 and closed by the Rank Organisation on 8th June 1968. It was demolished and a Littlewood’s department store was built on the site.