41 Port Street,
2 people favorited this theater
Regal Cinema, Evesham (Official)
Architects: Archibald Hurley Robinson
Functions: Movies (First Run)
Styles: Art Deco
Previous Names: Regal Super Cinema
Located in Evesham, Worcestershire. The Regal Super Cinema was opened on 10th October 1932 with George Arlis & Bette Davis in “The Silent Voice”. Seating was provided for 945 in stalls and circle levels. It closed on 1st May 2003 with Al Pacino in “The Recruit” playing to an audience of four. It remained empty and unused for many years, becoming derelict. In the summer of 2009, plans were proposed to renovate and restore the building, costing £2m (2 million GB Pounds).
The Regal Cinema re-opened in January 2012. The total seating capacity in the main auditorium is now provided for 306, with stalls seating now at tables, where 112 can be accommodated. In the circle there are 90 luxury seats, seating for 100 on 25 sofas and two Royal boxes each seating 2 persons. Two extra screens seating 60 & 40 were planned added to the upper part of the building and were due to open in the summer of 2012, but by 2019, nothing had transpired. There is a coffee shop & wine bar for the convenience of patrons.
The Regal Cinema is designated a Grade II Listed building by English Heritage.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.