Suzore Theatre #1
869 Jackson Avenue,
2 people favorited this theater
The Suzore Theatre was opened by Fred Suzore in 1923. There are stories that an airdome was operated by Suzore previous to this, perhaps even on this lot. It still had the steel shutters on its side windows from the early days when those shutters and large fans were its only climate control.
It became the Suzore Theatre #1 after the former Lincoln Theatre on Main Street became the Suzore Theatre #2. Advertisements for these theatres are not consistent as to be exact names but the vertical signs both read ‘Suzore’s with the #1 having a small signboard at the bottom. The theatre was also involved in litigation after a shooting incident involving Fred Suzore and an alleged poacher on his farm property in 1952.
The building was demolished after 1983, having been closed since the late-1960’s or early-1970’s. The tile floor at the entry reads ‘Suzore Theatre’, and still remains in 2013, with the property still in the Suzore family.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater