Cass Theatre

618 Main Street,
Plattsmouth, NE 68048

Unfavorite No one has favorited this theater yet

Showing 4 comments

Texas2step
Texas2step on November 25, 2017 at 8:14 pm

The Parmele Theatre became the Platz Theatre on August 18, 1931. The Platz Theatre was remodeled and reopened as the Cass Theatre on February 9, 1936.

Will Dunklin
Will Dunklin on November 2, 2013 at 12:01 pm

According to David Junchen’s book The Wurlitzer Pipe Organ, an Illustrated History p. 675, Wurlitzer shipped their organ opus 1684 – 2 manuals 4 ranks – to the Parmele Theatre in Plattsmouth, Nebraska in July 1927. Junchen notes that the theatre subsequently was renamed the Cass Theatre. Wurlitzer removed the organ in 1932 and sold it to a hospital in Cincinnati Ohio. It is easy to imagine that the Parmele became the Cass at about that time.

kencmcintyre
kencmcintyre on November 29, 2008 at 2:31 pm

Here is a 1942 photo from Life Magazine:
http://tinyurl.com/6mwr3d