Bailey Theatre

5043 50 Street,
Camrose, AB T4V 1R3

Unfavorite 1 person favorited this theater

Showing 5 comments

DavidDymond
DavidDymond on February 18, 2013 at 4:12 am

The Kam in Camrose was affiliated with Famous Players Canadian Corporation in the mid-sixties through Len Purnell and Sons Limited, Famous Players partners in Red Deer, Lacombe, etc.

Earlsand
Earlsand on April 22, 2009 at 11:45 pm

Some corrections to the information on the Bailey Theatre…
It opened on February 23, 1910 as the David Theatre, built by Camille David. It was the only movie theatre in Camrose until the Kam Theatre opened in 1948. The Kam is now a night club.
Stan Bailey bought the David Theatre in 1916, but the name remained the David Theatre until major renovations took place in about 1920 and the name changed to the Bailey Theatre.
In late 2007 the Bailey Theatre Society was revived after a former Camrose resident pledged $2.5-million towards the restoration. Restoration started in the fall of 2008.
When completed the Bailey Theatre will seat 401 people. With loose seating on the flat floor of the auditorium the theatre will also be used for dinner theatre, and like in its past, dances.
To follow the progress go to www.BaileyTheatre.com

ishamael
ishamael on March 26, 2008 at 8:02 pm

The restoration project continues to build momentum…
http://baileytheatre.com/

Ken Roe
Ken Roe on January 23, 2007 at 5:04 pm

Listed as the 450 seat Bailey’s Theatre in the 1941 & 1943 editions of Film Daily Yearbook.

ishamael
ishamael on January 23, 2007 at 3:28 pm

It looks like there is a ray of hope for the Bailey…

Bright lights for ol' Bailey