202 Kenton Road,
1 person favorited this theater
Located in the Kenton district of Harrow, Middlesex in what today is a northern part of Greater London. Built for and operated by Oscar Deutsch’s Odeon Theatres Ltd. chain, the Odeon Theatre opened on 11th March 1935 with Greta Garbo in “The Painted Veil”.
The tall entrance block was on the left of the building, faced in cream faiance tiles with three tall arched windows above the canopy. To the right of the entrance was a two storey row of shops which were brick faced. The auditorium ran parallel to the road behind the shops and seating was provided for 979 in the stalls and 417 in the balcony.
The Odeon led an uneventful life and was closed by the Rank Organisation on 25th March 1961 with Robert Ryan in “The Canadians” and Joan Collins in “Sea Wife”.
The building was demolished and a Waitrose supermarket and office block named Brent House was built on the site. The supermarket has since become a Pick & Save.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater