UA Cinema 4

1584 S. Yellowstone Highway,
Idaho Falls, ID 83402

Unfavorite No one has favorited this theater yet

Showing 1 comment

op712
op712 on September 29, 2007 at 12:56 am

The Country Club Cinemas opened in May of 1971 under the Carroll Cinemas banner – first multiscreen complex in the city. Cinema contained two identical very wide and comfortable, 350 seat houses. In the fall of 1976, UA Cinemas purchased the location and made the decision to split the two houses into a 4plex design.

The left side contain identical 150 seat houses and the other side was split off-center to contain one house of 130 seats and the final house, being their largest with 210 seats.

In the mid-80’s is when UA pulled out of the Eastern Idaho market and Hollywood Cinemas resumed operation of the 4plex until closure.