Avenida Oeste 2,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Teatro Capitol is located on the Avenida Oeste 2 between Pepe Sierra Esquina and Monjas Esquina in the central downtown area of the city.
The facade is styled in a mix of Baroque and Neo-Classical styles and has a small balcony inset, surrounded by an Ionic column and topped by a central pediment which contains a female figure. Inside the rather narrow auditorium, seating was provided in stalls and a small balcony.
It opened as the Teatro Capitol in 1921 but closed in 1926. It re-opened as the Teatro Rivoli and later was renamed Imperial Cine. It became the Teatro Capitol again when it was re-opened on 4th August 1939 with Tyrone Power in “Suez”. At that time there were newer and more modern cinemas opening in the surrounding area, the Teatro Avila, Teatro Boyaca and the Teatro Hollywood all opened up and the Teatro Capitol went over to screening second run movies.
In 1988 it became an adult ‘porn’ cinema and in recent years it has been converted into a Wendy’s fast food restaurant which is its current use as seen in April 2006.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater