Capitol Theater

126 Beltzhoover Avenue,
Pittsburgh, PA 15210

Unfavorite No one has favorited this theater yet

Showing 2 comments

edblank
edblank on June 3, 2008 at 11:36 pm

One of many Capitol theaters in and around Pittsburgh, this one was in the Beltzhoover section of Pittsburgh.

It may have been called the New Capitol when it opened in 1919 with a reported 750 seats. Later listings indicate it had 650-690 seats and more specifically the 663 mentioned by Rick Aubrey.

The address may have been 120, 124 or 126 Beltzhoover or may have enveloped all of that street frontage.

By 1973 it was a boarded up service station. By 1983 it was Village Pest Control. The property is listed now as being owned by CMN Management LLC.