Easton Theatre

Washington Street,
Easton, MD

Unfavorite No one has favorited this theater yet

Showing 2 comments

eastonmd
eastonmd on July 28, 2006 at 3:27 am

The Music Hall – which did, indeed, screen films during it existence – was originally located adjacent to the County Court House…it became the Talbot County Library at some point. The Library subsequently moved to an off-site location….there are reports that the Music Hall interior survives to some degree and is being restored. There are vintage postcards of the original Music Hall which survive. It’s possible that the Music Hall, at that original location, was renamed the New Easton at some point but the movie theater by that name in the early 60’s was located elsewhere…although quite close geographically. The Music Hall building, flanked by the Court House, faced Washington Street…set back about a block from the street. The Easton Theater was ON Washington Street to the SouthEast of the Music Hall location. Since its demolition, the site of the movie theater is now a small public park.

Ken Roe
Ken Roe on July 27, 2006 at 7:10 am

Listed in the Film Daily Yearbook;1941 edition as the Music Hall with a seating capacity of 250. In the 1943 edition of F.D.Y. it has been re-named New Easton Theatre, seating 250.

In the 1950 edition of F.D.Y. the New Easton Theatre has a seating capacity given as 371.