2067 East 14th Street,
4 people favorited this theater
The Hanna Theatre was designed by architect Charles A. Platt as part of the Hanna Office Building, named for the prominent Cleveland Senator Mark Hanna. It opened on March 28, 1921. The auditorium had 1535 seats in the orchestra and balcony and Pompeian-style decor, with a polychrome coffered ceiling. It operated as a legitimate house handling the touring Broadway shows from the time it opened until the touring shows went into the restored Palace and State theatres across the street. It closed in 1988.
It was reopened shortly after by Morrie Zryl/Atlas Cinemas, running movies for a few years, bringing movies back to Playhouse Square after nearly 20 years.
The Hanna was then acquired in 1993 by Ray Shepardson, who had founded the Playhouse Square Association in the 1970s. He began renovations and reopened in 1996, the Hanna’s 75th anniversary. In 1999 it was acquired by the Playhouse Square Foundation, becoming the fifth and final unit of Playhouse Square Center.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater