112 Brent Street,
1 person favorited this theater
Located on Brent Street, near the corner of Bell Lane, in the north London district of Hendon. In the 1934 edition of the Kinematograph Yearbook, this is listed as the Carlton Cinema operated by Hendon Theatres (1932) Ltd. It presented occasional variety shows.
By 1944 it had been re-named Classic Cinema and was operated by the Original Repertory Cinemas Ltd, Baker Street who were soon to become the Classic Cinema chain. From 11th May 1952 it had become the New Classic Cinema (probably after some modifications) and by 1954 it was operated by Gala Film Distributors Ltd. They re-named it Gala Classic from 5th February 1961 and finally Gala Cinema from 1965.
It played continental films and closed on 18th March 1967 with a double bill of the exploitation documentaries “Mondo Cane” and “Mondo Cane 2”. The cinema was demolished and the site re-developed as Sentinel Square Shopping Centre.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater