No one has favorited this theater yet
In the days of silent movies there were a number of outdoor venues showing movies. Sometimes they were operated in warm weather by the management of adjacent theaters because there was no air conditioning and attendance would drop off in theaters which were too hot and stuffy.
In the Flatbush section of Brooklyn there were at least two such “airdromes”. One was located at Nostrand and Tilden Avenues on the northwest corner. The box office sat on the corner at a 45 degree angle to it. The Nostrand Avenue trolley line, Route 44, went by the door and the Holy Cross Cemetery shuttle ran down Tilden Avenue to the east from Nostrand.
The airdrome operated from circa 1910 to at least 1919.
There was another airdrome near by on Flatbush Avenue off Tilden next to the old BRT carbarn on the site of the current Loew’s Kings Theater. It was called Feltmans and lasted into the 1920’s.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater