Brillion Theater

110 S. Main Street,
Brillion, WI 54110

Unfavorite No one has favorited this theater yet

Showing 1 comment

dallasmovietheaters
dallasmovietheaters on September 6, 2016 at 11:18 am

This entry began as the Auditorium Theatre which was in Brillion at least since 1914. In 1929, manager Joe J. Ecker converted the Auditorium to sound movies choosing Movietone over Vitaphone. In 1933, Raymond Pfeiffer purchased the Auditorium but the State of Wisconsin closes it very briefly 1935 with Pfeiffer still in charge.

In 1939, Pfeiiffer does an extensive remodeling of the theatre with all new signage renaming it the Brillion Theatre. Likely on a 20-year lease, the Brillion ceases operation in December of 1959 after numerous ownership changing.. It’s offered for sale and was eventually repurposed for other retail operations.