Grafton Theatre

1102 Bridge Street,
Grafton, WI 53024

Unfavorite No one has favorited this theater yet

Showing 2 comments

LouRugani
LouRugani on February 22, 2016 at 5:26 pm

Grafton’s only in-town movie theatre was on Bridge Street between 11th and 12th Streets. It opened on April 28, 1949. The GRAFTON Theatre had 530 seats. It closed in 1951 and was unsuccessfully reopened in the 1960s.

dallasmovietheaters
dallasmovietheaters on September 13, 2015 at 5:49 am

Architected by Peacock and Belongia of Milwaukee for Harry Melcher’s M. & E. Amusement Company. A “theatre of tomorrow” concept imagined with stadium style seating. Plans were made in 1946 and construction began in 1947 according to two sources.