Princess Theater

South Fulton Street,
Wauseon, OH 43567

Unfavorite 2 people favorited this theater

| Street View

This was a very small theater in a small town. It had a lobby that was about 10 feet wide and 20 feet long . A wall of glass blocks seperated that from the seating area. The town had a Native American influence and from that came the name.

Contributed by Jerry Rupp

Recent comments (view all 6 comments)

Mish87
Mish87 on June 17, 2007 at 3:06 pm

The Chief was located on N. Fulton St. and it showed primarily Westerns. The Princess closed in 1964 And the Chief somewhere 1954.

Mish87
Mish87 on September 6, 2007 at 1:39 am

I have an update about The Chief Theatre, It opened in 1939 and soon after WWII was over, it closed.

Mish87
Mish87 on January 23, 2009 at 11:44 am

The Princess was stated around 1911-1913, when a man named Walter Caddell moved from Detroit Michigan. He came here with his company, Lancaster & Small Comedy Company, And he liked Wauseon so much, he moved here and organized the Princess with a man named Harry Sinerick.

LouisRugani
LouisRugani on July 13, 2009 at 3:41 pm

The owners-operators of the PRINCESS and CHIEF were Paul and Yvonne B. Touney. They were also in the fountain-pen business. Mr. Touney passed in 1963 and Mrs. Touney died on September 20, 2000 at age 95.

LouisRugani
LouisRugani on July 13, 2009 at 3:45 pm

Correction: Mr. Paul Ray Touney was born on August 8, 1898 and passed away in September of 1964, coincidentally with the closing of the PRINCESS.

LouRugani
LouRugani on April 13, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Large Attendance Marks Opening of New Princess Theater at Wauseon by Ellsworth and Paul Staup, Proprietors of the Capitol Theater in This City.

(Delphos, Ohio – Sept. 25, 1930) Ellsworth Staup has returned to Delphos after being present at the opening of the New Princess Theater at Wauseon. The theater there is owned by Messrs. Ellsworth and Paul Staup, proprietors of the Capitol theater in this city. It is managed by Staup.

The picture “Top Speed” was the attraction at the opening of the playhouse. The attendance was large. A number of Delphos people were present for the opening. Favors were distributed by the owners of the theater. The Messrs. Staup bought the theatre in August and ran it into September when they closed it for a period of three weeks during which time it was completely remodeled and sound equipment was installed. The theater is now in excellent condition. It seats four hundred people.

You must login before making a comment.

New Comment

Subscribe Want to be emailed when a new comment is posted about this theater?
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater