322 Main Street,
1 person favorited this theater
Cinema West (Official)
Operated by: Cinema West
Functions: Movies (First Run)
Styles: Art Deco
News About This Theater
- Jun 26, 2014 — Redeveloping Woodland's State Theatre
- Jun 21, 2011 — Woodland looks to restore historic movie house
- Dec 21, 2010 — 3-1 vote suspends proposal selection for State Theatre
- Nov 3, 2010 — Rival project's withdrawal from city funds competiton may boost efforts to save the State Theater
- Sep 16, 2010 — After 73 years, Woodland's State Theater closes down
- Dec 8, 2009 — State Theater in Woodland, CA may be ripe for revitalization
The 999-seat State Theater was built in 1936 by Redwood Theatres and Fox West Coast Theatres, to replace a theatre that was destroyed by fire.
In 1977, two additional screens were built adjacent to the original theater. Seating in the main original auditorium is on a stadium plan, with a raised section at the rear (no overhanging balcony).
The State Theater was closed on September 6, 2010. After a remodel by new operators Cinema West, it was reopened as a 10-screen theatre on June 28, 2017.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.