Blue Hall Cinema & Blue Hall Annexe Cinema
207 King Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the west London inner city district of Hammersmith. The New Blue Hall Cinema opened on 10th December 1912 with a seating capacity of 1,300. It was built and operated by Blue Halls Limited. It was such a success that a second cinema known as the Blue Hall Extension was opened on 26th December 1913 at the rear of the orginal Blue Hall. This second cinema had a seating capacity of 1,743 and was designed by architect John Quilter & Sons.
By 1918 the Blue Halls were operated by A.E. Abrahams and were soon leased out to Favourite Cinemas Ltd.
By 1930 the cinemas were known as the Blue Hall Cinema (1) with a seating capacity of 1,241 and the Blue Hall Annexe Cinema (2) with a seating capacity of 1,743 and they had been taken over by Associated British Cinemas(ABC). Both cinemas showed different programmes.
In 1935 ABC were planning a new cinema for Hammersmith and the Blue Hall Cinema (1) was demolished, to be replaced by the Regal Cinema. The Blue Hall Annexe (2) continued to operate while the new Regal Cinema was being built. When that opened on 14th September 1936, the Blue Hall Annexe (2) was closed and demolished to provide a cinema car park at the rear of the new Regal Cinema.
The Regal Cinema still operates as the 4-screen Cineworld Hammersmith.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater