No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the Higher Broughton area of Salford, near Manchester. The building began life as a roller skating rink.
It was turned into a cinema known as the Electric Theatre at the begining of 1913 and was enlarged and converted into a theatre by the end of the same year. The enlargement included a forty foot stage and four dressing rooms, however it was not successful as a theatre and by 1918 it became a variety hall and cinema once more.
The cinema changed ownership in 1940 becoming part of the Marks Circuit Cinemas Ltd. It changed hands once more in 1959 becoming part of the Snape circuit and was closed shortly after.
It became a bingo hall in 1961 but must not have been a great success as the Devonshire shared the fate of so many of Salford’s movie palaces — it was demolished. The Calderwood Care Centre for the eldery was built on the site in 1966
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater