Rialto Entertainment Centre
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Rialto Cinema opened in 1918 with a seating capacity of 800. It was taken over by the Union Cinemas chain in September 1936. In October 1937, Union Cinemas were taken over by Associated British Cinemas(ABC) and they took control of the Rialto. The proscenium was 22 feet wide and the stage was 17 feet deep. There were 4 dressing rooms.
In 1959, the Rialto Cinema was partly demolished to build a new ABC Cinema on the site. Seating 1,166 in stalls and circle levels, the ABC opened on 4th June 1960. It was designed by architects C.J. Foster, Alan Morgan and Berry & Miller. Sold to an independent operator in 1976 it was re-named Rialto Cinema again. Closed as a full time cinema in 1983, it was taken over by the local Derry City Council in 1984 and re-named Rialto Entertainment Centre. Stage shows and films were included in the programming.
It closed in August 2001 and was replaced by the new Millenium Forum Theatre on the adjacent street. The Rialto Entertainment Centre was demolished in 2006 to form part of a new shopping centre.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater