No one has favorited this theater yet
Showing 2 comments
The Uptown at Kirkland Lake was one of the theaters at which General Theatre Supply of Toronto had recently installed a screen, according to an item in Boxoffice of July 1, 1939. It probably opened that year.
There was also a Capitol Theatre in Kirkland Lake, located on Prospect Avenue, and a Strand Theatre, located on Government Road. Both were operating during the late 1930s and early 1940s.
A 1944 picture from the Ontario Archives: