2308 24th Avenue East,
1 person favorited this theater
The Montlake Theatre was listed in both the 1941 & 1943 editions of Film Daily Yearbook as (Closed). It probably never reopened as it has gone from listings in 1950, and was converted into apartments. The store fronts to the south of the theatre later served as a branch of the Seattle public library, but before then, one had served as paint store named ‘The Paint Pot’, and the one on the corner was Jake’s Drug Store, which had a soda fountain.
In its last years, the Montlake Theatre had showed foreign films that attracted university students from UW across the Montlake Cut. It had a Style B 2/4 Wurlitzer, opus 1449 installed in 1926. The organ was later moved to Olympia’s Avalon Theatre. The organ was later owned by several Puget Sound individuals including: Robert Dyer, Kenneth Graves, Alden Baunsgard and Woody Presho. The instrument’s current status is unknown.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater