No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the Allerton district of Liverpool, originally on this site stood the Plaza Cinema, which opened in 1928 (architect A.E. Shennan-1,432 seats). A Wurlitzer 2Manual/8Ranks organ was transfered here from the London Palladium. The Plaza Cinema became the Gaumont, and then Odeon. It closed in April 1971 and was demolished.
A new shopping centre was built on the site, which contained a cinema, located on the first floor and this opened as the Classic Cinema on 11th August 1973 with Richard Beckinsale in "The Lovers" and Paula Wilcox in "Birds of Prey". It was luxuriously equipped and had a licenced bar, air conditioning and 493 luxury seats in the stadium plan auditorium.
The Cannon Group took over in April 1986 and it was re-named Cannon and in June 1996 it was taken over by Virgin Cinemas. In the late-1990’s it was taken over by ABC Cinemas in a management buyout and from around 2001 Odeon Theatres took control.
The Odeon was closed on 26th February 2009, with Brad Pitt in “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button”.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater