Theatre On The Green
200 Market Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Opened as the Lyric Theatre on Dec. 25, 1920. It was owned by Dr. James Ladd, a local pharmacist. The theatre has changed names through the years, Cheraw Theatre, Cheraw Cinema and then after being restored it got its current name, Theatre On The Green.
The theatre played its first talkie during the summer of 1929, MGM’s "The Broadway Melody". At the beginning of World War II, the theatre became the Cheraw Theatre. From the 1950’s through the 1980’s the theatre changed ownership several times. During this time the name changed again and became the Cheraw Cinema.
The Theatre closed in 1987. In 1988 the Cheraw Development Corp. bought the theatre. It was renovated with much of the original decor restored, again it got a new name, Theatre On The Green. It is now used for live performances, community meetings and a lecture hall. The theatre originally seated 500 but after the last renovation it now seats 200.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater