205 Ohiro Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the Wellington suburb of Brooklyn, the Vogue Cinema opened on 15th June 1939 with Tyrone Power in "Suez" and Jed Prouty in "Safety in Numbers". Designed in an Art Deco style by architect Reginald D. Stowe, it had a total seating capacity of 622, with 414 in the stalls and 208 in the balcony.
It was closed on 24th June 1964 and became a plumber’s workshop. Later another business moved into the former stalls area, when it was used for making TV commercials.
In January 1975, plans were approved to convert the former balcony into a 245 seat cinema. It opened as the 208 seat Penthouse Cinema in 1975 with Jon Voight in "Conrack". On 16th June 1995, a second screen was opened adjacent to the original building. Seating was provided for 127 and the opening film was "Priest". A cafe opened in the former balcony foyer.
In 2001 a screening room named the Vogue Suite seating 30, was opened. This is equipped with DVD presentation and is mainly used as a private hire facility.
In December 2005, Cinema 3 was opened on an adjacent site and seats 168.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater