2314 E. Grand Boulevard,
2314 E. Grand Boulevard,Detroit, MI 48206
No one has favorited this theater yet
Showing 1 comment
(Monday, June 25, 1945) Poisonous Fumes Kill 2 Theater Employes
DETROIT â€" (AP) â€" Two theater employes were asphyxiated and three other persons were affected as poisonous fumes seeped into the cellar of a Detroit theater Sunday.
An audience of more than 300 was dismissed from the Iris theater as traces of the gas reached the main floor.
Police said George Spaeth, 65, manager and Charles L. Babcock, 22, were stricken fatally when they went to the cellar to investigate a strange odor.