Don 2 Drive-In
Memorial Boulevard and Highway 73,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Don Drive-In was opened in 1950 as a single screen drive-in. It had a capacity for 617 cars and seating for 100 walk-in patrons. In 1950 it was operated by O.O. Cumminings and from 1953 it was operated by Julius M. Gordon and Jefferson Amusement Co.
Later beoming a typical twin screen drive-in theatre. It was located at, what was then, the north west outskirts of town. The projection setup was unusual in that, even in the late-1970’s the projectors could only handle single reels of film, having to be switched to the other projector every 20 minutes or so. It also used a carbon arc light when most theatres were xenon.
The front screen was also unusual in that it had a small apartment built into the base that the manager lived in. The Don 2 Drive-In was closed in September 1980.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater