No one has favorited this theater yet
The Regal Cinema opened on 22nd May 1933. It was independently operated and had seating provided for 744 in the stalls and 336 in the circle. From November 1934, it was being operated by Sydney Bernstein, although it was not fully owned by his Granada Theatres Ltd. chain until February 1955. It was closed for improvements and re-opened as the Granada Theatre on 23rd May 1956.
The Granada Theatre was closed on 14th June 1975, and was taken over by an independent operator, re-opening on 25th February 1976 as the Regal Cinema, now with 839 seats.
The Regal Cinema was twinned in 1985, with two screens, each seating 261. A third screen was added on the former stage in 1987 and this seated 66. It then converted to a single screen with 259 seats and a nightclub in the other parts of the building. It was closed on 16th June 1994, and the building remained unused until March 2003, when the interior was gutted and two levels created inside. In the Spring of 2004, it opened as a clothing store named Seconds Ahead.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater