Rue des Cygnes 25,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the Rue Gray which begins in Etterbeek and goes to the Place Sainte Croix in Ixelles. Opened before 1914 the Sainte Croix Cinema, Ixelles was first at number 274 then number 326 of this street. It was named Sainte Croix because of the proximity of the Place Sainte Croix, which became later Place Eugene Plagey.
In 1932 it became Claudia Cinema, and it changed name to Regent Cinema in March 1946, with first film "La Porteuse de Pain" with Fernandel. This part of the Rue Gray changed named to Rue des Cygnes it was then at number 25 of that street. Since the 1950’s the programing was more for adults a few exemples "En Cas de Malheur", "Et Dieu Creata la Femme" in 1964. Jean Luc Godard’s "Le Mepris", also some horror movies. This programing was chosen because of the opening in December 1948 of the all modern and big Marni Cinema at the nearby Place Eugene Plagey which had a commercial
In 1969, it change named to Poussy Cat Cinema, with X rated movies, but became quickly a night club under that name.
After closing it became for quite a long time a retail of clothes at bargain prices. All the block was taken over by the Town Hall of Ixelles to make a cultural center and habitations but the entrance was still recognisable. It has since been demolished.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater