728 Washington Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previously operated by: George A. Giles Co.
Architects: Harry J. Korslund, William G. Upham
Previous Names: Premier Theatre
The Premier Theater dates back to around 1910. It was remodelled in 1932 to the plans of architect William G. Upham and reopened as the Guild Theater. In 1938 a further remodeling was carried out to the plans of architect Harry J. Korslund. It closed around 1952. For several decades it has operated as a high-end restaurant.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.
Recent comments (view all 3 comments)
Opened 1910, also know as Premier Theatre, currently a restaurant.
In the 1942-43 edition of the Motion Picture Almanac, the Guild in Norwood is listed as being part of the George A. Giles theater circuit of Cambridge MA. Giles also ran the Norwood Th. in Norwood as well as the Uptown Th. in Boston and several others.
There was a Premier Theatre in Norwood, as mentioned above; it’s listed in the 1927 Film Daily Yearbook as having 600 seats and open 6 days/week.