952 Rue Ste. Catherine Ouest,
3 people favorited this theater
Opened on November 19, 1917, Loew’s Theatre was Montreal’s grandest movie palace. The theater originally featured vaudeville before becoming a venue solely for motion pictures in 1940.
Loew’s Theatre closed in 1975 after the last showing of "Jaws". In December 1976, the theater reopened with five screens with cinema one in the former orchestra area, cinema three in the balcony, cinema two over the orchestra, and cinema four and five in the backstage area. The opening movie was "King Kong" in all five cinemas, French in Cinema 1 and Italian in Screen 3.
The Loew’s Theatre was closed in October 1999, then part of the Famous Players chain.
During 2000 the division between the five screens was demolished, restoring the original single auditorium configuration.
Club Med World opened in the former theater building in 2001, but closed in March, 2003. Since 2004, the former lobby area has been used for retail, while the former auditorium was transformed into a gym in 2005.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater