No one has favorited this theater yet
Showing 1 comment
The Cosy is believed to have been built around 1930 by Jeremiah O'Sullivan and last appears in the Kine Year Book of 1949. Its entry is replaced by the Ormonde from 1949 although this is stated as being on Strand Street! The 400-seater was run by James Kavanagh along with the other Ormondes and had a GB Kalee sound system installed. In 1976 Michael and Mary O’Riordan became the owners and reverted back to the Cosey which opened on 2 October 1977. It was twinned around 1990 and soldiered on until 2 March 2013 when it closed with ‘A Good Day to Die Hard’ and ‘The Last Stand’. It is currently on the market. More info at: www.pressreader.com/ireland/the-corkman/20130307/281771331616917.