121 The Grove,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located around the corner from Maryland Railway Station in Stratford, east London. The Grove Picture Theatre opened on 29th July 1910. The building has an attractive red brick facade, containing decorative details. There is a central paybox on the street, with entrance doors on each side. The entrance is in wood and painted white. All seating was on a single floor.
Alterations were made in November 1929 by architect A. Smith and it was equipped for sound films. Known as the Grove Cinema, it went through several owners, closing on 24th December 1930 and re-opening on 13th April 1931. Always independently operated, the Grove Cinema was finally closed in 1940.
It was used as a factory, then stood derelict for a couple of decades. The original pay-box on the street was still in situ. In the late-1990’s, the building was restored and converted into a medical centre.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater