216 N. Third Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The 750 seat Arco Theatre opened on 16, Jan. 1942 with the movie "Tarzan’s Secret Adventure". It was built by C.D. Arnold and Pope Sisco at a cost of $60,000.00. The name comes from the first two letters of their last name. Seating was staggered for excellent site lines. The Melody Theatre was located next door at 218 N. Third Street. The Arco Theatre had a balcony which was designated for African Americans.
The Arco Theatre closed on 31, Dec. 1965 with the last feature shown being "Mary Poppins". In 2002 the Arco Theatre and the Melody Theatre next door were bought by Dzevad Kresco and a two year remodel and restoraion took place. In 2004 the former theatres were reopened as the Kresco Restaurant. Many of the theatres features were preserved and are in use in the restaurant.
Any further information on the Arco Theatre would be appreciated.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater